13 signs that it’s Paris Fashion Week
Wait, is it Fashion Week again? Between several haute couture, menswear, ready-to-wear and off-season shows, it’s hard to keep track. Here are thirteen unmistakable signs that it is indeed Paris Fashion Week, also known as PFW.
- You have to start queuing the night before to get into Café de Flore.
- Uber prices have tripled – for the lucky few who manage to get one at all.
- The area around the Grand Palais has become a danger zone.
- The Rue Vieille-du-Temple is busier than the Champs-Élysées.
- You can no longer get a seat on your neighborhood terrace because it has been taken over by an army of The Row’s Fisherman Sandals and head-to-toe Aimé Leon Dore.
- Everyone talks about Demna and Maria Grazia as if they knew them personally.
- Half the city looks like it’s on its way to a bad-taste party.
- The bouncers at your average nightclub are stricter than airport security.
- You run into Kanye.
- That new restaurant you wanted to try has been privatized for two weeks.
- You’re more likely to hear New York-tinged English than French.
- Sunglasses stay on despite the rain.
- The whole town smells of Le Labo.
Whether you want to be in the middle of the action of Paris Fashion Week or escape the chaos, we can help you either way. Get your personalized guide now and we’ll tell you exactly where to go (or not go).